If the camera is not recognized correctly in a Windows 7 environment due to some unknown causes, follow the procedures below to delete the camera's device driver, and then reinstall it.
If the camera is not recognized by the CameraWindow software, please check whether any of the following cases may be a remedy to the problem.
Importing problems may occur if there are too many images (more than 1,000) on the memory card.
In this case, use a memory card reader to import the images.
1. Connect the [DIGITAL Terminal] to the PC's USB terminal by using the [Interface Cable] that came with your camera.
Camera's [DIGITAL Terminal]
PC's USB terminal
2. Press the ⋖Power⋗ button on the camera.
3. Click [Start] (), right-click [Computer], click [Properties], and then click [Device Manager].
4. The following window appears.
Double-click [Other devices] or [Portable Devices].
5. The following window appears.
Select the model name of your camera, or select [Canon Camera], and then click the [Uninstall] () button in the upper section of the screen.
6. The following window appears.
7. Click the [Scan for hardware changes] () button.
8. A new device driver is now installed.