Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 1.4.2 incorporates the following fixes:
1. Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability.
2. Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update.
Firmware Version 1.4.2 includes all improvements and fixes provided in previous firmware versions.
Customers who own an affected unit and wish to have it updated to Firmware Version 1.4.2 are asked to bring their cameras to their nearest service or repair centers.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Australia: 13 13 83 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Canon New Zealand: 0800 222 666 or email email@example.com
Changes in Firmware Version 1.4.1
1. Changes the maximum number of “Release cycles” displayed from 1,000,000 cycles to 9,999,000 cycles. This value can be checked under the “Camera system information” menu.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which a synchronization failure may occur during multiple flash shooting.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which Error 80 occurs depending on the shutter release timing.
Changes in Firmware Version 1.4.0
1. Fixes a phenomenon which occurs when the “Shutter button half-press” menu item, configured in “C.Fn5: Operation”>”Custom Controls Menu”, is set to metering start only; depending on when the shutter button is half-pressed, it may initiate AutoFocus.
Changes in Firmware Version 1.3.9
1. Improves the AF controllability when shooting in Live View mode with a wide-angle lens (fixed focal length or zoom).
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which, when shooting long exposures (several minutes), vertical lines appear on the right edge of captured images (still photos).
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) may not perform as intended when in continuous shooting mode and where the shutter speed is longer than 1 second.
4. Improves the reliability of the control mechanism for the Picture Style Auto setting.
5. Fixes a phenomenon in which the electronic level indicator does not work correctly.
6. Fixes a phenomenon in which, when using the “Save and read camera settings” function, the color space data that is selected in “Custom shooting mode (C1-C3)” is not saved.*1
7. Corrects some incorrect indications on the “English” and “Russian” menu screens.
*1 As a result of this fix, cameras with Firmware Version 1.3.9 (or later) will not be able to read the “camera settings file” created with cameras running Firmware Version 1.3.5 (or earlier). If you require the “camera settings file”, please create it after updating to firmware version 1.3.9 (or later).
Changes in Firmware Version 1.3.5
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the line-level audio input function of some EOS-1D C cameras does not operate as expected with Firmware Version 1.3.4.
Changes in Firmware Version 1.3.4
1. Peripheral Illumination and Lens Aberration Correction data has been added for Canon EF-mount Cinema lenses. *1) *2)
*1) EOS Utility Version 2.13.25 (or later) is required to upload the correction data to the camera. The latest update for this software can be downloaded from our web site.
*2) Does not apply to Canon EF Cinema zoom lenses CN-E 14.5-60mm T2.6 L S and CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L S.
2. Line-level audio input accepting a mini 3.5mm connector has been added.
Changes in Firmware Version 1.2.0
1. Provides support for 25.00p (fps) video recording frame rate (PAL settings) at the camera’s maximum 4K resolution.
2. A function to disable the Image size selection button has been added.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which a difference in exposure appears on every other shot when shooting continuously and the auto-lighting optimizer is turned on (on weak, standard or strong).
4. Fixes a phenomenon in which video recorded onto an external recorder sometimes becomes two-layered if it has been recorded through HDMI output.
5. The video frame rate now displays two additional decimal places, e.g. 24p -> 23.98p (fps)
6. Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Auto ISO Range” option. (There was no problem with the Japanese language display.)
7. Corrects errors in the Portuguese language menu. This cannot be displayed on units for Japan.