- Top tips to be creative in displaying your pictures
Celebrity stylist Jason Grant shares his top tips to be creative with how you display your pictures at home.
Your space should be filled with things you love and that tell a story. It is important to add your very own personal touch.
Of course, displaying photos is the perfect way to do this. In today's world we are all obsessed with our smartphones and snap everything we do, eat buy and see.
It’s hard to actually enjoy the moment and really be in the moment and while I think it is great to capture the life that we are living it’s also important to cherish these moments and put them on display.
I love to travel and collect things whilst away. These treasured memories and souvenirs should be cherished.
When decorating your home these memories and souvenirs are the things that really create your own personal style and how you like to live. So use them as a starting point in finding your style and you will find that this will naturally be reflected in the images you take.
Pictures don’t need to be perfect so take the pressure off yourself.
There’s plenty of time to perfect your technique. In fact some of my best photos are happy accidents when the light or timing has been just right.
My top tips for creative photo displays
1. Get your photos in your space and off your camera.
2. Decorate your space with personal touches.
3. Think outside of the box with creative ways and places to display your photos – shelves, bedside tables and sideboards are all great places.
4. Allow time for your style of photography and decorating to develop and evolve – print photos often and update your displays.
5. Group photos together and add or edit over time – style is an evolution so don’t leave things standing still but move them around.
6. Selecting a colour palette of the images (for example a group of black and white photos) ties a look together and creates a sense of sophistication and uniformity.
Jacqui Turk | Find her on Instagram
Capture the best of your holiday season with these top 6 tips from Canon Collective Ambassador, Colin Baker.
All light sources have a colour temperature or cast. Check out Daniel Linnet's tips on white balance and Speedlite gels to capture the perfect image.
Find out how Daniel Linnet uses multiple Speedlites to create his photographs.
Tips to choose the right lens to shoot sports and wildlife photography with impact.
Prepare yourself for your first underwater photography shoot with these great tips.
Learn the main differences between Mirrorless and DSLR cameras in this article. Find out which camera's best for you!
On Monday 14 November, we’ll get to enjoy the brightest, closest ‘supermoon’ since 1948. And it won’t be back until 2034, so grab your cameras and let’s get shooting!
Ever wondered how to take the perfect landscape shot? Have a look at these insightful tips from Emma, one of our Canon Collective Ambassadors.
Learn how to shoot Portrait Photography from an expert — Canon Collective Ambassador, Greg Sullavan.
Get more creative with your DSLR landscape photography with expert tips from two Canon Masters, Jackie Ranken and Mike Langford