- Top tips to be creative in displaying your pictures
Celebrity stylist Jason Grant shares his top tips to be creative with how you display your pictures at home.
Your space should be filled with things you love and that tell a story. It is important to add your very own personal touch.
Of course, displaying photos is the perfect way to do this. In today's world we are all obsessed with our smartphones and snap everything we do, eat buy and see.
It’s hard to actually enjoy the moment and really be in the moment and while I think it is great to capture the life that we are living it’s also important to cherish these moments and put them on display.
I love to travel and collect things whilst away. These treasured memories and souvenirs should be cherished.
When decorating your home these memories and souvenirs are the things that really create your own personal style and how you like to live. So use them as a starting point in finding your style and you will find that this will naturally be reflected in the images you take.
Pictures don’t need to be perfect so take the pressure off yourself.
There’s plenty of time to perfect your technique. In fact some of my best photos are happy accidents when the light or timing has been just right.
My top tips for creative photo displays
1. Get your photos in your space and off your camera.
2. Decorate your space with personal touches.
3. Think outside of the box with creative ways and places to display your photos – shelves, bedside tables and sideboards are all great places.
4. Allow time for your style of photography and decorating to develop and evolve – print photos often and update your displays.
5. Group photos together and add or edit over time – style is an evolution so don’t leave things standing still but move them around.
6. Selecting a colour palette of the images (for example a group of black and white photos) ties a look together and creates a sense of sophistication and uniformity.
Jacqui Turk | Find her on Instagram
Short, simple and fun, this series of photography tutorials covers the fundamentals to help you get the basics right.
Start printing and displaying your photos to give any area of your home or office a fresh new look with our print inspiration series.
Let your photos tell a story with wall art tips from Jason Grant.
Discover how to use your photography to make your child's room their own special space.
Capture the best of your holiday season with these top 6 tips from Canon Collective Ambassador, Colin Baker.
Check out Canon Collective Ambassador Greg Sullavan's tips and tricks to shooting and editing extreme panoramic images in Adobe Lightroom.
Super stylist Mr Jason Grant reveals how he makes a house a home with his favourite images and a Canon PIXMA printer.
Discover how simple it is to print your images from your smartphone and create a personal gallery at home.
Use PhotoPico to create personal photo books for family and friends with ease.
All light sources have a colour temperature or cast. Check out Daniel Linnet's tips on white balance and Speedlite gels to capture the perfect image.