- Top tips to be creative in displaying your pictures
Celebrity stylist Jason Grant shares his top tips to be creative with how you display your pictures at home.
Your space should be filled with things you love and that tell a story. It is important to add your very own personal touch.
Of course, displaying photos is the perfect way to do this. In today's world we are all obsessed with our smartphones and snap everything we do, eat buy and see.
It’s hard to actually enjoy the moment and really be in the moment and while I think it is great to capture the life that we are living it’s also important to cherish these moments and put them on display.
I love to travel and collect things whilst away. These treasured memories and souvenirs should be cherished.
When decorating your home these memories and souvenirs are the things that really create your own personal style and how you like to live. So use them as a starting point in finding your style and you will find that this will naturally be reflected in the images you take.
Pictures don’t need to be perfect so take the pressure off yourself.
There’s plenty of time to perfect your technique. In fact some of my best photos are happy accidents when the light or timing has been just right.
My top tips for creative photo displays
1. Get your photos in your space and off your camera.
2. Decorate your space with personal touches.
3. Think outside of the box with creative ways and places to display your photos – shelves, bedside tables and sideboards are all great places.
4. Allow time for your style of photography and decorating to develop and evolve – print photos often and update your displays.
5. Group photos together and add or edit over time – style is an evolution so don’t leave things standing still but move them around.
6. Selecting a colour palette of the images (for example a group of black and white photos) ties a look together and creates a sense of sophistication and uniformity.
Jacqui Turk | Find her on Instagram
Discover easy ways to bring creativity into your home office space
Easy ways to use print to style and organise your home
Quick ways to make some statement artwork for your master bedroom
Stylist Jason Grant gives you some inspiration for your baby's room.
Create a party photo booth with Creative Park
We sat down with the queen of surf photography to pick her brain for tips and tricks to shooting in the sea.
Liz Carlson, of Young Adventuress, talks about her time in Svalbard and shares her tips for capturing some impressive Polar Bear images.
The best way to get better at photography is to go out and do it more. We’ve created LEAP to help you get — and stay — motivated to do just that.
Gemma Peanut - professional photographer and storyteller - reviews Canon's New Guided Display. Discover why she's loving it in this article!
When to use a fish-eye lens, in 23 seconds.